[Mplayer-dvb] Mplayer DVB support

Juri Haberland juri at koschikode.com
Fri Apr 25 11:54:20 CEST 2003

Jukka Neppius wrote:
> Nico <nsabbi at libero.it> writes:
>> Jukka Neppius wrote:

>> If you use the newer drivers you should have dvb-head enabled (and
>> DVBIN defined to 1 in config.mak), right?
>
> cd MPlayer-0.90  # I compiled mplayer here, no cleanup after compilation
>
> I cannot find those from config.mak
>
> find . -type f |xargs grep -i dvb-head
> nothing
> find . -type f |xargs grep -i DVBIN
> nothing

No, look for HAVE_DVB_HEAD in config.h and for DVB_INC in config.mak.

> I use new drivers, because I couldn't compile or insmod old ones!
>
> I guess I should get a new Mplayer from CVS.

Won't help. Works here with MPlayer 0.9.0pre3,4,5 and release.

> I have a more serious problem: After few seconds video freezes and
> sound stops.  'dvbtune -f 658000000' (without stopping mplayer) gives
> seconds or two more video. This is not an Mplayer problem. (Video
> stream from dvbstream stops.)  Broken DVB card seems most likely
> explanation.  Does anyone else have similar problem?

I think this is because the driver puts the frontend into powersave
modus if no application is using it. That's when the stream ends. Just
open a second console and issue a 'scan -c' in this. I think there's
also an option that you can give one of the modules to disable the
powersave modus, but I can't recall it at the moment.

Cheers,
Juri