[Mplayer-dvb] Mplayer DVB support

Jukka Neppius jkn at softavenue.fi
Fri Apr 25 10:49:59 CEST 2003

Nico <nsabbi at libero.it> writes:

> Jukka Neppius wrote:
>
> >cd MPlayer-0.90
> >./configure
> >make
> >->
> > Checking for DVB ... no (specify path to DVB/ost/include with
> > --with-extraincdir=DIR)
>

> >It seems to want these files from DVB/ost/include:
> >#include <ost/dmx.h>
> >#include <ost/frontend.h>
> >#include <ost/sec.h>
> >#include <ost/video.h>
> >#include <ost/audio.h>
> >
> >I can find sec.h only from siemens_dvb-0.9.4.tar.gz Unfortunately I
> >found several version of 0.9.4!!  All more or less broken!
> >
> >Drivers from www.linux-dvb.tv (dvb-20030331.tar.bz2) and CVS update
> >21.4.03 seem to work.
> >

> they use newstruct drivers.

> If you use the newer drivers you should have dvb-head enabled (and
> DVBIN defined to 1 in config.mak), right?

cd MPlayer-0.90  # I compiled mplayer here, no cleanup after compilation

I cannot find those from config.mak

find . -type f |xargs grep -i dvb-head
nothing
find . -type f |xargs grep -i DVBIN
nothing

I use new drivers, because I couldn't compile or insmod old ones!

I guess I should get a new Mplayer from CVS.

I have a more serious problem: After few seconds video freezes and
sound stops.  'dvbtune -f 658000000' (without stopping mplayer) gives
seconds or two more video. This is not an Mplayer problem. (Video
stream from dvbstream stops.)  Broken DVB card seems most likely
explanation.  Does anyone else have similar problem?

After testing this several times I have a dvbstream process which
don't die with 'kill -9' and and similar 'rmmod dvb-ttpci'
process. Both use all available cpu time:(

- Jukka