[Mplayer-dvb] Mplayer DVB support

Jukka Neppius jkn at softavenue.fi
Sat Apr 26 10:31:51 CEST 2003

Juri Haberland <juri at koschikode.com> writes:

> Jukka Neppius wrote:
>
> No, look for HAVE_DVB_HEAD in config.h and for DVB_INC in config.mak.

config.h:#define HAVE_DVB_HEAD 1
config.mak:DVB_INC =

But I try CVS version when I figure out where to get it:(

> I think this is because the driver puts the frontend into powersave
> modus if no application is using it. That's when the stream ends. Just
> open a second console and issue a 'scan -c' in this. I think there's
> also an option that you can give one of the modules to disable the
> powersave modus, but I can't recall it at the moment.

Yes that was it.  I don't boot my computer unless I need to.  I had
notes about which modules to insmod, but I forgot
'dvb_shutdown_timeout=0' from 'insmod dvb-core.o'  Thanks Nico!

Some kind of powersave would be useful though.  Resistor near the
upper edge of the card and small IC beside tuner are hot enough to
burn my finger.

- Jukka