[Mplayer-dvb] Is it possible with Pre9 to convert a AVI to MPEGPES (for dvb card) ??

M. Fiegert Margit.Fiegert at t-online.de
Wed Nov 6 19:40:30 CET 2002

M. Fiegert wrote:

> looks like we are trying similar thins. I try to get an .vdr file,
> that can be used like recordings (with cutting would be perfect) out
> of dv avi.
> Currently I experiment with transcode.
> I keep you informed when i succeed, please do the same

Ok, that was easy!

transcode -i in.avi -o 001.vdr -x dv,avi -y mpeg
tcmplex -i 001.vdr.m1v -p 001.vdr.mpa -o 001.vdr
genindex2 001.vdr

does the trick!
vdr plays and cuts this without problem. Jumping and slowmotion also
works but not fast forward/backward ?!
Sync seems ok, but I did only short tests until now.

Sorry if this is OT for this list, but maybe this is of help for others
(Stefan).

Michael