[Mplayer-dvb] Is it possible with Pre9 to convert a AVI to MPEGPES (for dvb card) ??

Paul Lacatus paul at campina.iiruc.ro
Wed Nov 6 19:27:15 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, M. Fiegert wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> looks like we are trying similar thins. I try to get an .vdr file, that
> can be used like recordings (with cutting would be perfect) out of dv avi.
> Currently I experiment with transcode.
> I keep you informed when i succeed, please do the same

	I've done the transcoding to a .mpg file that can be played with
mplayer over the dvb card. The problems that I have are with the subtitle
insertion on the mpeg file. The 001.vdr looks like having other format
than the mpg file. I've tried myself to make a directory structure of a
recording and copying the mpg file over a 001.vdr but no picture on
screen.

Paul