[Mplayer-dvb] Problems playing some divx

bill root pasdebill at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 19:45:09 CET 2002

Hi

80% of divx played work fine .. But this one get me mad !

VIDEO:  [XVID]  576x432  24bpp  23.98 fps  1017.9 kbps (124.3 kbyte/s)

So i had tried with scale=720:576, i have a perfect full screen, work
fine but always in the same scenes, the sound and video come "jerked"

If i replace scale with expand, the video run fine (but with a large
black border)

So the first thing : my cpu is too slow.. I had overclocked from 1ghz to
1.15ghz and i have exactly the same speed. (+150mhz and fsb/ram to
120mhz change nothing for speed ?)

So i had tried to convert the divx to mpg for direct playing . Work fine
(15% of cpu utilisation) but after 1 minute, cpu util. up to 120%! Don't
know why. (and the video speed are completly jerked)

I have desactived crontab, and stopped services : same.

1ghz is not enought for rescaling "in real time" ?
Maybe my converted file (9gb) are not good ? what line u use with
mencoder for convert divx>vdr ? (and mpg rescaled to 720:572)

Thanks all

Ps : i use pre9 rlz