[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] EOSD improvements

Grigori Goronzy greg at chown.ath.cx
Sun Aug 1 23:03:12 CEST 2010

On 08/01/2010 10:12 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> The point is to get a working design _first_ and then built up the
> rest instead of first adding RGBA support, doing changes all over the
> place and the realizing that you missed a major issue and it won't
> work at all and we have a bunch of useless code that we won't be able
> to use in any way.

I don't really agree.
Adding RGBA support to vo_vdpau and vf_ass is not hard. I'm not sure
about vo_gl, you probably know better.
Why invest lots of time and work in crazy and inefficient hacks to have
"something" working with current infrastructure? I don't see the point.
Low-level RGBA support in EOSD can be tested independently of
libass/spudec/et al.

Grigori