[MPlayer-cygwin] [BUGREPORT] [NOVIRUS] MPlayer/MEncoderreproduciblecrash on

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:46:02 CET 2005

>you say it does not crash using -vo null? thats very very strange...
>-vo directx:noaccel or -nodr or -nodouble help any?

Oops! In fact, -vo null crashes also. None of the folllowing combinations
worked:

-vo directx:noaccel
-nodr
-nodouble
-vo directx:noaccel -nodr
-vo directx:noaccel -nodouble

>i reccomend the gui version at http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
>altho i'm 90% sure it wont fix your problem...

It didn't...

>do you have any antivirus or other programs running in the background
>that may scan or otherwise do odd things to memory/dlls?

No anti-virus. In my system tray are WinZip, MS Firewall Client,
OpenOffice.org QuickStarter, MSN Messenger 7, QuickTime, iTunes, HP DeskJet
3320 driver, ATI utility, SmartSync (for synchronizing computer and
organizer - monitors COM1:).  You can download a screenshot of Task Manager
here:
http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23E9GJOMRMDRM2DGA24AVGIBPD

The only thing I can think of is dhahelpser.sys, which is included with the
binary distribution of MPlayer. From the README:
"dhahelper.sys - direct hardware access under Windows Nt/2000/XP
(c) 2004 Sascha Sommer

This driver makes it possible to give direct hardware access to user mode
apps."

I removed it and re-booted, but it didn't help.

Anyway, I will check for viruses and spyware.