[MPlayer-cygwin] [BUGREPORT] MPlayer/MEncoder reproduciblecrashon particula

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 15:22:02 CET 2005

> > Or maybe my video card driver? I don't have another card to try. It's
>late
> > now, but tomorrow morning I will try using the standard Windows SVGA
>driver.

I did not see a"Standard VGA-compatible" driver. Maybe this is normal for
XP. I cancelled the "New Hardware Detected" dialog box, and ran MPlayer, but
it still crashed.

>try mplayer -vo null. If it still crashes it can't really have anything
>to do with that (and I doubt it anyway, the real codecs are a bit buggy,
>at leaat when used with MPlayer

I had mentioned in my original post that -vo null does not crash. Also,
remember that I have played these files successfully on other Windows
computers. That is why I believe the problem is specific to my computer,
when I am in Windows (which is most of the time, because I only installed
Linux so that I could try MPlayer under Linux. X-Windows is working, but
sound is not).

Do I need to be concerned that my CPU flags are not detected consistently? I
configured with --disable-runtime-cpudetection.  When I run MPlayer in
Windows, I get:

Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2

Note that ./configure detected SSE and SSE2, while MPlayer detects CPU Flags
SSE=0 and SSE2=0.

However, in Linux, it says:
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
which is what you would expect.

For what it's worth, the 1.07pre Win32 binaries, which are compiled with
runtime-cpudetection enabled, also crash. However, the discrepancy exists,
so I will point it out.