[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get the current cvs

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Tue Nov 2 20:13:42 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hemantha Kodikara Arachchi" <h.kodikaraarachchi at gmail.com>
To: <MPlayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:56 PM
Subject: [MPlayer-cygwin] How to get the current cvs

> Hi,
> I am very new to MPlayer and the concept of CVS. I want an H.264 codec
> for my research. Most importantly, I need the source code. The JM
> reference  is not suitable for my research since it fails when there
> are errors in bit stream. I found that it has been implemented with
> MPlayer. I tried to compile the current version found in
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu.  However make command failed under
> Win2k-cygwin. The error message was:
> --------
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x81):vo_winvidix.c: undefined
reference to `
> _GetDeviceCaps at 8'
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x275):vo_winvidix.c: undefined
reference to
> `_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x315):vo_winvidix.c: undefined
reference to
> `_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1
> --------
> I was not able to locate the problem. I posted this question to
> mplayer-dev-eng mailing list. They proposed to use the most current
> cvs. Unfortunately, I do not know how to access the current cvs. Could
> you pls. let me know:
>
> 1. the cvs server
> 2. the tree and
> 3. additional configurations (if necessary)
>
> to access the most current cvs?
>
> HKA
>

>  I installed cygwin and directx sdk.

To encode to h264 with mencoder you need to get and install x264 to your
cygwin or Mingw/MSYS environment. AFAIK ffmpegs h264 is normally only used
for decoding. I have already done several encodes with mencoder and x264
using MinGW. A brief summary what to do can be found here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=4fc712872761f20790edd90df2b1bb16&pos
tid=565098#post565098
Compile nasm, compile x264 source, copy it to appropriate filters and run
mplayer's ./configure.
Btw, if you do not like to mess around with all the cvs commands, just
download the dialy snapshot that already includes libavocodec:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/MPlayer-current.tar.bz2

Hellfred