[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get the current cvs

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Nov 2 18:12:57 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 15:56, Hemantha Kodikara Arachchi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am very new to MPlayer and the concept of CVS. I want an H.264 codec
> for my research. Most importantly, I need the source code. The JM
> reference  is not suitable for my research since it fails when there
> are errors in bit stream. I found that it has been implemented with
> MPlayer. I tried to compile the current version found in
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu.  However make command failed under
> Win2k-cygwin. The error message was:
> --------
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x81):vo_winvidix.c: undefined reference
> to ` _GetDeviceCaps at 8'
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x275):vo_winvidix.c: undefined
> reference to `_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
> libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x315):vo_winvidix.c: undefined
> reference to `_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1
> --------
> I was not able to locate the problem. I posted this question to
> mplayer-dev-eng mailing list. They proposed to use the most current
> cvs. Unfortunately, I do not know how to access the current cvs. Could
> you pls. let me know:
>
> 1. the cvs server
> 2. the tree and
> 3. additional configurations (if necessary)
>
> to access the most current cvs?
>
> HKA
>

>  I installed cygwin and directx sdk.

For the directx headers you need to get the following tarball
http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/dx7headers.tgz
and extract its contents to cygwin/usr/include
It may also work with the modified header from wine Reimar posted to this list
earlier.

Check if you installed cvs when you installed cygwin. Then open the cygwin
bash shell and type

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P ffmpeg

You now have two dirs. ffmpeg and main. Copy the ffmpeg/libavcodec and
ffmpeg/libavformat dirs to the main dir.
eg
cp -R ffmpeg/libavcodec ffmpeg/libavformat main
then cd main and ./configure

Now configure should print Checking for Directx yes
and you can continue with make
I don't know if the produced binary will be able to encode h264. At least
decoding should work.