[MPlayer-cygwin] How to get the current cvs

Hemantha Kodikara Arachchi h.kodikaraarachchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 16:56:03 CET 2004

Hi,
I am very new to MPlayer and the concept of CVS. I want an H.264 codec
for my research. Most importantly, I need the source code. The JM
reference  is not suitable for my research since it fails when there
are errors in bit stream. I found that it has been implemented with
MPlayer. I tried to compile the current version found in
http://www.mplayerhq.hu.  However make command failed under
Win2k-cygwin. The error message was:
--------
libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x81):vo_winvidix.c: undefined reference to `
_GetDeviceCaps at 8'
libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x275):vo_winvidix.c: undefined reference to
`_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
libvo/libvo.a(vo_winvidix.o)(.text+0x315):vo_winvidix.c: undefined reference to
`_CreateSolidBrush at 4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer.exe] Error 1
--------
I was not able to locate the problem. I posted this question to
mplayer-dev-eng mailing list. They proposed to use the most current
cvs. Unfortunately, I do not know how to access the current cvs. Could
you pls. let me know:

1. the cvs server
2. the tree and
3. additional configurations (if necessary)

to access the most current cvs?

HKA

 I installed cygwin and directx sdk.