[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat May 10 21:50:33 CEST 2003

Stefan Gürtler writes:
 > I want to watch Quicktime and Real Videos using the mplayer in
 > mingw32-dev-CVS-030422.zip.tgz.
 > I managed to get the Quicktime files working, but i failed on the realfiles.
 > Here is the output of mplayer.exe:
 > Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
 > Opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv4.so.6.0'
 > Error loading dll
 > ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
 > Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!
 > VDecoder init failed :(
 > Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
 > opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv43260.dll'
 > Error loading dll
 > ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
 > Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!  -> Done online, no idear what went wrong
 > VDecoder init failed :(
 > *** ...
 >
 > I read through the documentation on mplayerhq.hu, codecs.conf and the
 > error-message and tryed to extract the modified real-codecs from mplyers
 > ftp-server (rp9win32codecs.tar.bz2) into \codecs. Still not working.
 > Then I downloaded the recent free RealOne-Player  (RealOnePlayerV2GOLD.exe),
 > installed it on another computer and copied all dlls from \program
 > files\Real\Codecs to \codecs. Still mplyer.exe is not able to finde the
 > drv43260.dll, though it is in \codecs.
 > Knowing that i had to copy qtmlClient.dll into \windows\system32 to get
 > quicktime running, I tryed to copy drv43260.dll to \windows\system32, too.
 > But still there is the same error-message. Can anybody help me? I heard of
 > one person who simply copied all dlls from the Real-Software to the \codecs
 > and was able to watch files using mplayer. Do i have to install RealOne on
 > the same machine where i want to use mplayer.exe to watch the .rm files?
 > Do i need drv4.so.6.0 and drv43260.dll? Can I take the drv4.so.6.0 from my
 > linux mplayer?

I have had very much the same experience with Real files.  No matter
what I do, MPlayer fails to load the DLLs.  Apparently Sascha Sommer
managed to make Real DLLs work on his system, but I think everybody
else has failed so far :-(

Maybe this is system specific.  I have a K6-III 500, G550, SBLive and
run W2K SP3.  What is your system, and what is yours, Sascha?

Diego