[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat May 10 22:49:12 CEST 2003

> Stefan Gürtler writes:
>  > I want to watch Quicktime and Real Videos using the mplayer in
>  > mingw32-dev-CVS-030422.zip.tgz.
>  > I managed to get the Quicktime files working, but i failed on the
realfiles.
>  > Here is the output of mplayer.exe:
>  > Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
>  > Opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv4.so.6.0'
>  > Error loading dll
>  > ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
>  > Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!
>  > VDecoder init failed :(
>  > Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
>  > opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv43260.dll'
>  > Error loading dll
>  > ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
>  > Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!  -> Done online, no idear what went
wrong
>  > VDecoder init failed :(
>  > *** ...
>  >
>  > I read through the documentation on mplayerhq.hu, codecs.conf and the
>  > error-message and tryed to extract the modified real-codecs from
mplyers
>  > ftp-server (rp9win32codecs.tar.bz2) into \codecs. Still not working.
>  > Then I downloaded the recent free RealOne-Player
(RealOnePlayerV2GOLD.exe),
>  > installed it on another computer and copied all dlls from \program
>  > files\Real\Codecs to \codecs. Still mplyer.exe is not able to finde the
>  > drv43260.dll, though it is in \codecs.
>  > Knowing that i had to copy qtmlClient.dll into \windows\system32 to get
>  > quicktime running, I tryed to copy drv43260.dll to \windows\system32,
too.
>  > But still there is the same error-message. Can anybody help me? I heard
of
>  > one person who simply copied all dlls from the Real-Software to the
\codecs
>  > and was able to watch files using mplayer. Do i have to install RealOne
on
>  > the same machine where i want to use mplayer.exe to watch the .rm
files?
>  > Do i need drv4.so.6.0 and drv43260.dll? Can I take the drv4.so.6.0 from
my
>  > linux mplayer?
>
> I have had very much the same experience with Real files.  No matter
> what I do, MPlayer fails to load the DLLs.  Apparently Sascha Sommer
> managed to make Real DLLs work on his system, but I think everybody
> else has failed so far :-(
>
> Maybe this is system specific.  I have a K6-III 500, G550, SBLive and
> run W2K SP3.  What is your system, and what is yours, Sascha?

P2 350,Riva128ZX,SB Audio PCI 64V and Windows98
I checked again with the package from mphq:
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv33260.dll'
Selected video codec: [rv30win] vfm:realvid (Win32 RealPlayer 8 RV30
decoder)

(even with only drv33260.dll in the codecs dir)
Dunno what is wrong. Maybe LoadLibraryA works different in Win2k?
Try to put your codecs dir including the dlls into windows/system. Maybe it
helps.