[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Sat May 10 21:40:06 CEST 2003

Hi everbody
I want to watch Quicktime and Real Videos using the mplayer in
mingw32-dev-CVS-030422.zip.tgz.
I managed to get the Quicktime files working, but i failed on the realfiles.
Here is the output of mplayer.exe:
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
Opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv4.so.6.0'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
opening win32 dll 'codecs/drv43260.dll'
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
Read the ReaVideo secrion of DOCS!  -> Done online, no idear what went wrong
VDecoder init failed :(
*** ...

I read through the documentation on mplayerhq.hu, codecs.conf and the
error-message and tryed to extract the modified real-codecs from mplyers
ftp-server (rp9win32codecs.tar.bz2) into \codecs. Still not working.
Then I downloaded the recent free RealOne-Player  (RealOnePlayerV2GOLD.exe),
installed it on another computer and copied all dlls from \program
files\Real\Codecs to \codecs. Still mplyer.exe is not able to finde the
drv43260.dll, though it is in \codecs.
Knowing that i had to copy qtmlClient.dll into \windows\system32 to get
quicktime running, I tryed to copy drv43260.dll to \windows\system32, too.
But still there is the same error-message. Can anybody help me? I heard of
one person who simply copied all dlls from the Real-Software to the \codecs
and was able to watch files using mplayer. Do i have to install RealOne on
the same machine where i want to use mplayer.exe to watch the .rm files?
Do i need drv4.so.6.0 and drv43260.dll? Can I take the drv4.so.6.0 from my
linux mplayer?

Yours
Stefan