[MPlayer-cygwin] QT codec problems

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu May 8 01:03:59 CEST 2003

Sascha Sommer writes:
 > On Tuesday 06 May 2003 19:02, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > > This is driving me nuts...
 > >
 > > I have no idea WTF is happening, but somehow I cannot play any QT stuff
 > > anymore.  This is puzzling.  I tried qt5 and qt6 DLLs, 0_90, main, RC4,
 > > RC2, all fail..
 > >
 > > I configure with
 > >
 > > $ ./configure --disable-mencoder --disable-edl --disable-tv
 > > --disable-ossaudio
 > > --disable-mpdvdkit --enable-menu --enable-qtx-codecs
 > >
 > > mplayer -v output attached, any hints welcome.
 > > Thanks
 >
 > Are you sure qtmlClient.dll is in windows/system?

I solved the problem, I did not have sufficient access rights to the
files.  I copied them from within Cygwin, not Windows and the access
rights were not inherited properly.  Some random strangeness..
whatever, it's solved, thanks for the help anyway.

 > I didn't fix qtvideo and qtaudio to look in codecs dir yet.

That would be very much appreciated, it's one of the last steps to
completing codec support under Windows.  Please do it.

 > Btw. I tested dvd support with mingw mplayer on win98
 > but it didn't work. Maybe there is some aspi problem.
 > I guess it is using win2k interface to access dvd on
 > your system. Can anyone confirm that cygwin/mingw
 > dvdplayback doesn't work on win98/Me?

Sorry, I don't have access to a Win98 system any longer.

Diego