[MPlayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] Mencoder floating point exception... (FIXED)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat May 6 01:25:16 CEST 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006 13:53:38 -0400
compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> can you give us some example command lines? i will make some patches
> to the DOCS and get ovc vfw in there properly!

It's quite simple.  "-ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp4vfw.dll"

> using the wrong dll? hehe ...

Yeah, I forgot that the vp3 DLL in mplayer's codec pack is older than
the one on xiph.org, and doesn't work for encoding...  I could also have
sworn that encoding worked with, eg. vp6.

> also... maybe we should start a list of codecs that do work? like
> codecs.conf or vfwcodecs.txt it should include codec filename ,
> md5sum, maybe url to file on mphq (so that the version that works can
> be preserved in case newer/older versions crash)

I made a quick script to try each of the ~100 I have, and these are the
ones that seem to work:

ViVD2.dll
aslcodec_vfw.dll
asusasv2.dll