[MPlayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] Mencoder floating point exception... (FIXED)

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 5 19:53:38 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 17:59:10 -0700
RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:11:02 -0400
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > -ovc vfw only supports one output codec iirc.
> >
> > H:\>mencoder -ovc help|grep vfw
> >    vfw      - VfW DLLs, currently only AVID is supported.
>
> The docs are wrong a lot... It's limited and undocumented, but it
> works.  Perhaps I'll send a patch... I'm probably one of only 2-3 people
> using -ovc vfw.

can you give us some example command lines? i will make some patches
to the DOCS and get ovc vfw in there properly!

> See my "success thread" from about 6 months ago when encoding with -ovc
> vfw:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/38781/focus=38781
>
> Actually, believe it or not, you've just solved my problem.  I was
> completely mistaken about which codecs were actually working.

using the wrong dll? hehe ... also... maybe we should start a list of
codecs that do work? like codecs.conf or vfwcodecs.txt it
should include codec filename , md5sum, maybe url to file on mphq
(so that the version that works can be preserved in case newer/older
versions crash)

-compn