[MPlayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] Mencoder floating point exception... (FIXED)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri May 5 02:59:10 CEST 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:11:02 -0400
compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> -ovc vfw only supports one output codec iirc.
>
> H:\>mencoder -ovc help|grep vfw
>    vfw      - VfW DLLs, currently only AVID is supported.

The docs are wrong a lot... It's limited and undocumented, but it
works.  Perhaps I'll send a patch... I'm probably one of only 2-3 people
using -ovc vfw.

See my "success thread" from about 6 months ago when encoding with -ovc
vfw:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/38781/focus=38781

Actually, believe it or not, you've just solved my problem.  I was
completely mistaken about which codecs were actually working.

Sorry for wasting time.  Chalk this one up to "I'm an idiot for
submitting bugreports late at night."

> its in the todo to get it working with all vfw codecs.
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/TODO

I'd LOVE to see bitrate selection added, but DLL/codec selection is
already there, and working with a few codecs.  In fact, I pledge $5 to
whoever writes the necessary code to allow setting a bitrate for
encoding with vfw.  :-)