[MPlayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] Mencoder floating point exception... (FIXED)

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed May 10 06:21:11 CEST 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:25:16 -0700
RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 May 2006 13:53:38 -0400
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > can you give us some example command lines? i will make some patches
> > to the DOCS and get ovc vfw in there properly!
>
> It's quite simple.  "-ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp4vfw.dll"
>
> > using the wrong dll? hehe ...
>
> Yeah, I forgot that the vp3 DLL in mplayer's codec pack is older than
> the one on xiph.org, and doesn't work for encoding...  I could also have
> sworn that encoding worked with, eg. vp6.

vp6vfw.dll works for me.
04d635a364243013898fd09484f913fb *j:\\cdrive\\mplayer\\vp6vfw.dll

i made a patch to encoding-guide.xml and it was commited.
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-docs/2006-May/007644.html
also i dont suppose you could verify the md5sums i put into the docs with your
codecs' md5sums?

did you check codecs.conf for every vfw codec? are you missing any
from that list? also there might be some vfw codecs in the mplayer
codecs repository that could be checked. or even vfw versions of
dshow codecs that are in the codec packs.

can you paste your script to test codecs here and maybe someone will do an
extensive test against mphq codecs archive?

thanks a bunch!

-compn