[MPlayer-advusers] dvdnav - mpdvdkit2 - libdvdcss regression

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Dec 17 01:14:58 CET 2006

Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I just run into the problem that MPlayers build in
> libdvdcss isnt used anymore when compiled with dvdnav
> support.
>
> As a lot of people like me are used to only compile
> MPlayer to be able to watch dvds everywhere, we'll
> have a lot of people who will not have libdvdcss
> installed seperately.
>
> Thus, would it be possible to make use of the
> internal libdvdcss in mpdvdkit2 to decrypt the dvd?
>
> 		Attila Kinali

it's not a regression: it's always been so (because of
dvdnav's stupid embedding of libdvdread). At the moment you can
only use the shared (system-wide) libdvdcss with dvdnav.
I'm planning a patch for dvdnav to exclude dvdread from the build
and, as a consequence, use mplayer's libraries

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users