[MPlayer-advusers] dvdnav - mpdvdkit2 - libdvdcss regression

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Dec 17 01:18:58 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 01:14:58AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Attila Kinali wrote:
> >I just run into the problem that MPlayers build in
> >libdvdcss isnt used anymore when compiled with dvdnav
> >support.
> >
> >As a lot of people like me are used to only compile
> >MPlayer to be able to watch dvds everywhere, we'll
> >have a lot of people who will not have libdvdcss
> >installed seperately.
> >
> >Thus, would it be possible to make use of the
> >internal libdvdcss in mpdvdkit2 to decrypt the dvd?
>
> it's not a regression: it's always been so (because of
> dvdnav's stupid embedding of libdvdread). At the moment you can
> only use the shared (system-wide) libdvdcss with dvdnav.
> I'm planning a patch for dvdnav to exclude dvdread from the build
> and, as a consequence, use mplayer's libraries

The regression is that dvdnav is enabled by default. If there will be a
release that definitely should be changed.
Btw. is there a static dvdnav that we could link against our included
dvdcss? If dvdnav/dvdread uses dlsym in a sane way I think even just
configure --enable-libdvdcss-internal should work...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger