[Mplayer-advusers] AC3 question?

Chris Blown griffon at hinterlands.com.au
Thu Sep 9 02:16:35 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 22:04, Attila Kinali wrote:
> I'd say this is a porblem of your soundcard driver rather than MPlayer.
> MPlayer just feeds the driver, the driver does then the conversion, i
> think it just doesnt know how to convert the multiple channels into the
> 2 channel analog output.

Multichannel to 2 channel works, using -afm liba52.

My question is does mplayer have a switch to get SPDIF and analog
outputs going at the same time when playing AC3?

> BUT:
> 1) This question clearly belongs to mplayer-users, not here

I did. No response after several weeks, I thought maybe adv-user might
be able to help. The user list is flooded with DVD mencoder posts and is
generally off topic anyway.

I understand you want to keep adv-users tight, but I thought this was
more of a question for advanced mplayer users.

Sorry for the post, I'll go try the user list again.

> 2) Next time read bugreports.html before sending any mail here.

Will do..  BTW its not a bug.