[Mplayer-advusers] AC3 question?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Sep 8 14:04:34 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 11:15:11AM +1000, Chris Blown wrote:
> I use this mplayer switch -afm hwac3 for SPDIF output.
>
> When playing MP3 or WAV audio its output via SPDIF in PCM stereo and is
> also output in stereo via the analog outputs. But when playing A3C you
> only get SPDIF and no analog output.
[...]
> Can I get mplayer to use both the hardware and software AC3 conversion
> at the same time?

I'd say this is a porblem of your soundcard driver rather than MPlayer.
MPlayer just feeds the driver, the driver does then the conversion, i
think it just doesnt know how to convert the multiple channels into the
2 channel analog output.

BUT:
1) This question clearly belongs to mplayer-users, not here
2) Next time read bugreports.html before sending any mail here.

			Attila Kinali