[Mplayer-advusers] AC3 question?

Chris Blown griffon at hinterlands.com.au
Tue Sep 7 03:15:11 CEST 2004

I use this mplayer switch -afm hwac3 for SPDIF output.

When playing MP3 or WAV audio its output via SPDIF in PCM stereo and is
also output in stereo via the analog outputs. But when playing A3C you
only get SPDIF and no analog output.

By using the switch -afm liba52,hwac3 I can get mplayer to use software
conversion, so all AC3 ends up being output as analog stereo with no
SPDIF.

When playing an AC3 source I'd like to have it output as AC3 via SPDIF
and also have the analog output as well?

Can I get mplayer to use both the hardware and software AC3 conversion
at the same time?

Chris