[Mplayer-advusers] AC3 question?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Sep 12 03:39:09 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:16:35AM +1000, Chris Blown wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 22:04, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > I'd say this is a porblem of your soundcard driver rather than MPlayer.
> > MPlayer just feeds the driver, the driver does then the conversion, i
> > think it just doesnt know how to convert the multiple channels into the
> > 2 channel analog output.
>
> Multichannel to 2 channel works, using -afm liba52.

Yes, MPlayer can downsample itself.

> My question is does mplayer have a switch to get SPDIF and analog
> outputs going at the same time when playing AC3?

If it's in the manpage, yes, else no. All options are documented.
But i really doubt there is one as this is really driver specific
(driver as in the driver for your card).

> > 1) This question clearly belongs to mplayer-users, not here
>
> I did. No response after several weeks, I thought maybe adv-user might
> be able to help. The user list is flooded with DVD mencoder posts and is
> generally off topic anyway.

Yes, that's why very few developers read it. And it's also the reason
why i want to keep this list clean.
Next time please tell us that you already tried -users.

> > 2) Next time read bugreports.html before sending any mail here.
>
> Will do..  BTW its not a bug.

Yes, but it will give us additional information on what you are trying
to do and how you did it.

			Attila Kinali