[Mplayer-advusers] codec tsccvid.dll: playback fails if vid.res. is 1024:768 (device is incompatible with this codec)

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 24 18:32:36 CET 2004

Thanks for your answer.

I wouldn't have posted to the advanced user list if
a solution for my problem were simple or at least an anwser that the codec doesn't work.
So I've read the mplayer output, FAQ,searched the lists and tried different computers
and output devices (xv,mga,xmga,dxr3,x11,fb,dga) running X11 (4.3.0)
with different scale parameters. Nothing works for me.
Beginners question: How to allocate more xv space ? My Computers
have a matrox G400 32MB (1024:768) and a dxr3 and the other one a
nvidia Geforce2MX with 64MB and a 19" 1280:1024 resolution running self compiled Xfree86 4.3.0.
This is also configured in my XF86Config with correct agpgart, mtrr sizes and memory asignments.
Next time I'll post the whole mplayer debug output but in my opinion
this wouldn't be helpful. I'm not sure if the output error message is correct.
Could the reason be the color space and changed color format .
Are there known problems with 1024:768 vid res movies ?
This aren't advanced questions but I didn't get any answers on the users list for my problem.
I'm looking for someone who post a working output/command line option
but I'm believing that there is no working solution with this codec.
Thomas