[Mplayer-advusers] codec tsccvid.dll: playback fails if vid.res. is 1024:768 (device is incompatible with this codec)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jan 24 19:57:46 CET 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:32:36 +0100
Thomas <tkran2002 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> I wouldn't have posted to the advanced user list if
> a solution for my problem were simple or at least an anwser
> that the codec doesn't work. So I've read the mplayer output,
> FAQ,searched the lists and tried different computers and output
> devices (xv,mga,xmga,dxr3,x11,fb,dga) running X11 (4.3.0) with
> different scale parameters. Nothing works for me. Beginners
> question: How to allocate more xv space ?

You can't and you dont need to. It's a hw prob (although
i thought an G400 could do a bigger overlay)

> My Computers have a
> matrox G400 32MB (1024:768) and a dxr3 and the other one a
> nvidia Geforce2MX with 64MB and a 19" 1280:1024 resolution
> running self compiled Xfree86 4.3.0. This is also configured in
> my XF86Config with correct agpgart, mtrr sizes and memory
> asignments. Next time I'll post the whole mplayer debug output
> but in my opinion this wouldn't be helpful.

Leave the judgement to us. You wrote yourself that you dont
exactly know what's going on, so you can't really decide
what is usefull information and what not thus you should
give us as much as possible. Beside, there is a reason
why we wrote at section B.4 "not truncate the output"
you should read that and the first paragraph of appendix B
again.

> I'm not sure if the
> output error message is correct. Could the reason be the color
> space and changed color format . Are there known problems with
> 1024:768 vid res movies ?

No, there are only hw problems known so far.

> This aren't advanced questions but I
> didn't get any answers on the users list for my problem.

Maybe because you didnt follow bugreports.html ?
Incomplete bugreports are ignored due to lack of time.

> I'm
> looking for someone who post a working output/command line
> option but I'm believing that there is no working solution with
> this codec. Thomas

mplayer high_res_file.avi
or
mplayer even_higher_res.mpg

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu