[Mplayer-advusers] Crash report, 1 of 3

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 01:19:13 CET 2004

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:10:06 -0500 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> Well, the second crash seems to be related to sdl, which is
> considered broken anyways. Dunno whether it's a bug deeper in the vo
> layer or just sdl itself, dont have the file, can't test and as
> Michael already said, also dont really care as i'm busy with other
> things.
>
> The third one is some kind of memory overwrite, ie the bugreport
> itself is useless as it doesn't tell where the problem lies. Noone is
> able to debug that w/o the file and even then it's quite hard as you
> have to set tons of conditional breakpoints to see what's going on.
> Nothing i'd currently like to do.
>
> If you want you can upload those two files, maybe i try to debug them
> somewhen.... maybe i don't...

Will upload promptly; I don't want to clutter the directory with things
that don't need to be there, or I'd have uploaded them before. Filenames
will be the same as in the bug reports posted,
Sugar Sugar.mp2
lotr.mov
with corresponding .txt files.

>> ...ah, hell with it. Midafternoon on New Year's Day, depressed and
>> apathetic already...
>
> Hmm.. just because of a crash ? You really shouldnt :)

Not because of the crash, because of being told "no one cares" when I
try, based on the apparently-stated philosophy of "even in a bad file,
crashes shouldn't happen", to get attention drawn to the crashes.

Plus a general lack of emotional stability, outside of certain kinds of
context. And I *really* need a reasonable job...

--
       The Wanderer