[Mplayer-advusers] Crash report, 1 of 3

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jan 2 00:56:32 CET 2004

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:10:06 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> Grrr. I can understand if something slips people's minds, but as the
> program itself says, crashes "shouldn't happen". The automatic response
> is of course "if you care that much about it, fix it yourself", but as
> I've said before, I do not understand enough about how such things work
> to even figure out where to get started; anyway, I read the "MPlayer
> crashed. This shouldn't happen" message as indicating that a crash is
> something unusual/objectionable enough to be worth caring about, and
> when the people who are ostensibly behind that message say outright that
> they don't care, I...

Well, the second crash seems to be related to sdl, which is
considered broken anyways. Dunno whether it's a bug
deeper in the vo layer or just sdl itself, dont have the file, can't
test and as Michael already said, also dont really care as i'm busy
with other things.
The third one is some kind of memory overwrite, ie the
bugreport itself is useless as it doesn't tell where
the problem lies. Noone is able to debug that w/o
the file and even then it's quite hard as you have
to set tons of conditional breakpoints to see what's
going on. Nothing i'd currently like to do.

If you want you can upload those two files, maybe
i try to debug them somewhen.... maybe i don't...

> ...ah, hell with it. Midafternoon on New Year's Day, depressed and
> apathetic already...

Hmm.. just because of a crash ? You really shouldnt :)

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu