[Mplayer-advusers] Crash report, 1 of 3

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jan 2 11:08:17 CET 2004

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:19:13 -0500
The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> ...ah, hell with it. Midafternoon on New Year's Day, depressed and
> >> apathetic already...
> >
> > Hmm.. just because of a crash ? You really shouldnt :)
>
> Not because of the crash, because of being told "no one cares" when I
> try, based on the apparently-stated philosophy of "even in a bad file,
> crashes shouldn't happen", to get attention drawn to the crashes.

That's right, mplayer should never crash. But on the other hand,
the developers are also only humans with limited time and interests.
They like to do fun things, but debuging is not something really
enjoyable (ok, i know some sick souls that like it ;)

> Plus a general lack of emotional stability, outside of certain kinds of
> context. And I *really* need a reasonable job...

Well, i could need one too, bu that's another story.

> A government exists to serve its citizens, not to control them.

And if they cant control them, they make them fear.

				Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu