[MEncoder-users] debian package from SVN

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:25:59 CET 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Matyas Sustik <mplayer.list at sustik.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have built the mplayer debian package from the SVN sources.
> (I used >fakeroot debian/rules binary as mentioned in the README.)
>
> This worked, but I wanted to point out that on Debian mencoder has its own
> package, at least as far as debian-multimedia.org goes.  The effect of this
> is that I have mencoder but no mencoder package on the system and for example
> h264enc complains about the missing dependency.
>
> Of course this could be fixed by debian-multimedia.org using a single mplayer
> package (containing mencoder as well) and h264enc not requiring mencoder.  If
> the consensus here is that that is the right approach, then I will get in
> contact with the maintainers of debian-multimedia.org and h264enc.

I think it's kind of cleaner to have a package for mencoder, mplayer,
and mplayer-gui, so if debian-multimedia.org people could send us a
_clean_ patch to generate splitted packages, it may get included in
MPlayer's source tree.

Guillaume
--
Only a very small fraction of our DNA does anything; the rest is all
comments and ifdefs.

Timothy Leary  - "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."