[MEncoder-users] debian package from SVN

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Fri Jan 9 17:18:17 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have built the mplayer debian package from the SVN sources.
(I used >fakeroot debian/rules binary as mentioned in the README.)

This worked, but I wanted to point out that on Debian mencoder has its own
package, at least as far as debian-multimedia.org goes.  The effect of this
is that I have mencoder but no mencoder package on the system and for example
h264enc complains about the missing dependency.

Of course this could be fixed by debian-multimedia.org using a single mplayer
package (containing mencoder as well) and h264enc not requiring mencoder.  If
the consensus here is that that is the right approach, then I will get in
contact with the maintainers of debian-multimedia.org and h264enc.

Thanks,
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.