[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

flow gg hlefthleft at gmail.com
Sat May 4 04:11:12 EEST 2024

I saw about comparing emails and gitlab/hub .., I did not comprehensively
understand their advantages and disadvantages, but I want to say that I
support it to change to gitlab/hub

Simple reason:

If you need to use git-send-email, I may not be able to submit any code
If you do not need to use git-send-email, it is troublesome for the
reviewer and the contributor

In detail:

I have tried git-send-email, but it failed. You can say that I am stupid,
but I would say that this is because of various reasons such as my area and
the network. It is really not what I can solve.
Maybe I will spend a lot of energy trying it in the future, but this is
because I have submitted thousands of lines of code. I don't want to give
up. If it is from the beginning, it will cause abandonment.

Maybe I am younger here in FFMPEG. I have a lot of good young people around
me. They all use github/lab by default, and there will be the same problem
as me, resulting in abandonment.

I don't really care about the quality between these tools. I think people
are important. I only want to use it, and I can facilitate the real
reviewer of Review.

I don't know if I can say my personal feelings here, but I will say:

I feel despised by this passage, which makes me uncomfortable. If you are a
reviewer, maybe I have no chance to contribute, but anyway, I have made
some contributions.

> How can anyne use git, but not git send-email? Any develop email provider
HAS Support for External Clients Over SMTP. And I Believe You * Can *
Actually
Dictate that people doon't attach patches - if you have control over the
Mailing list software, you can set up a filter that rejects such emails
And auto-replies with instructions on how to send them properly.

I think I should have the right to contribute

Ondřej Fiala <ofiala at airmail.cc> 于2024年5月2日周四 22:25写道: