[MPlayer-users] MPEG-2 Transport Stream BDAV Blu-ray format slices is not allowed decode_slice_header error

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 19 04:40:06 EEST 2019

----- Original Message -----
From: <sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:19 PM

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 06:41:17PM +1000, Bill Crockett wrote:

>> What is the point of doing that?  They already said muxing PCM in mpegts
>> is
>> impossible!
>>
>> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>>
>> This seems to be a -demuxer lavf issue.
>>
>> Anyway, to hide all this and live with it at the moment:
>>
>> mplayer -demuxer lavf test_video.m2ts -msglevel decaudio=0
>
> You should, because you'll get there enlighten advise and what you want to
> do and probably why it does not work.  mplayer is using ffmpeg for
> demuxing, and you would use ffmpeg to mux, then the  right place for your
> issue is ffmpeg mailing list.
>
> And on wikipedia:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream#Use_in_Blu-ray
> -->
> bluray mpeg ts is not compatible with mpeg ts.
>
> from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174259:
> "Muxing PCM into m2ts requires use of a special codec, which is called
> "pcm_bluray" in ffmpeg - it includes the required headers to properly
> identify
> the properties of the pcm content. Pure "raw" pcm cannot be muxed into
> mpegts,
> because it lacks format identification headers, so you would not know the
> number of channels, sample rate, and whatnot. I'm not aware of a way to
> mux PCM
> ouside of the Blu-ray way into mpegts, but I can't say I tried to find out
> if
> there is more ways, either. All that said, ffmpeg doesn't have an
> "encoder" for
> the pcm bluray format, so it cannot do this currently. mpegts usually
> requires
> special handling for every codec you want to put into it, since it doesn't
> have
> generic codec headers like many other formats. Hence the list of supported
> codecs is rather short, and every codec needs to be manually implemented"
>
> Your issue is clearly a ffmpeg issue.
>
> --
> Sylvain

Nooooooooo!  This has got nothing to do with FFmpeg.  Please understand!  Do

I never used FFmpeg in the first place.  I used tsMuxeR to mux into m2ts
files with LPCM  I then tested these with MPlayer and found blocking
pixelation in sections.  Thanks to Carl, he recommended -demuxer lavf.  This
FIXED the blocking  / pixelation problem.  However, the [pcm_bluray @
01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small error in red would show none stop.

I have track this down to a regression.  I am using at the moment svn r38116
dated 2018 09 19.  I Just tried a version of MPlayer in 2013, 2014, 2016.
The video was perfect and "No" problems with blocking "or" the PCM packet
too small error.

I'll try and get svn-38119 dated 2018-12-25.  That is the latest I can get
at the moment.

Cheers,

Bill