[MPlayer-users] MPEG-2 Transport Stream BDAV Blu-ray format slices is not allowed decode_slice_header error

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:19:11 EEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 06:41:17PM +1000, Bill Crockett wrote:
> What is the point of doing that?  They already said muxing PCM in mpegts is
> impossible!
>
> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
> [pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
>
> This seems to be a -demuxer lavf issue.
>
> Anyway, to hide all this and live with it at the moment:
>
> mplayer -demuxer lavf test_video.m2ts -msglevel decaudio=0

You should, because you'll get there enlighten advise and what you want to do
and probably why it does not work.
mplayer is using ffmpeg for demuxing, and you would use ffmpeg to mux, then the
right place for your issue is ffmpeg mailing list.

And on wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream#Use_in_Blu-ray
-->
bluray mpeg ts is not compatible with mpeg ts.

from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174259:
"Muxing PCM into m2ts requires use of a special codec, which is called
"pcm_bluray" in ffmpeg - it includes the required headers to properly identify
the properties of the pcm content. Pure "raw" pcm cannot be muxed into mpegts,
because it lacks format identification headers, so you would not know the
number of channels, sample rate, and whatnot. I'm not aware of a way to mux PCM
ouside of the Blu-ray way into mpegts, but I can't say I tried to find out if
there is more ways, either. All that said, ffmpeg doesn't have an "encoder" for
the pcm bluray format, so it cannot do this currently. mpegts usually requires
special handling for every codec you want to put into it, since it doesn't have
generic codec headers like many other formats. Hence the list of supported
codecs is rather short, and every codec needs to be manually implemented"

Your issue is clearly a ffmpeg issue.

--
Sylvain