[MPlayer-users] extracting subtitles from .vob
paolo.bolzoni.brown at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:14:09 CET 2015
I use transcode, check this wiki page I started time ago:
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Mike Castle <dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't done this in a while using mencoder, I'd switched to
> handbrake, but looking at my old script, this is what I'd used to do:
> mencoder \
> -nocache \
> -dvd-device $dvd \
> -chapter $chapters \
> -msglevel muxer=0:decvideo=3:cplayer=1 \
> -quiet \
> -vobsubout $track.$chapters.vob \
> -vobsuboutindex $count \
> -vobsuboutid $slang \
> -sid $index \
> -aid $aid \
> -oac $oac \
> -ovc copy \
> -o /dev/null $track.$chapters.1.vob
> (I would extract EVERY vobsub to repack into an MKV)
> oac would either be copy or pcm, based upon other criteria (I think
> LPCM wouldn't work?)
> Don't know if -oac pcm would help you in this case or not. Apparently I'd use:
> mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -dvd-device %s -identify dvd://%d
> to figure that out.
> (Yes, my old system randomly mixed bash and python, depending on when
> I wrote bits and pieces)
> If I remember correctly, you pretty much need the .IFO files in order
> to get the right colors to use for the languages.
> Finally, if all you want is english, you might find it easier to look
> for Closed Captions before OCRs vobsubs.
> I always use ccextractor -srt -o foo.srt foo.vob to get those as well.
> You could check to see if that got you anything first, and if so, skip
> the vobsub/OCR step.
> MPlayer-users mailing list
> MPlayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
More information about the MPlayer-users