[MPlayer-users] Flicker Black Bars on videos

X3fil xefil at xefil.com
Fri Aug 29 17:13:07 CEST 2014

Hallo Again!

So, now I'm on the last version:

MPlayer SVN-r37257-4.8 (C) 2000-2014 MPlayer Team

I'm playing the movie with this cli:

mplayer -noass -fs -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau,ffh264vdpau <filename>

By default the subtitles are under the movie in the black bars. The movie AND the subtitles are
shown correctly, but the black bars are flickering, showing the background behind (the xbmc menu).

What is different from previous mplayer version I was using?

Previous the subtitles are not shown, now yes. The rest (movie ok, but black bars flickers) still
the same.

I've noticed the following:

Within XBMC, during playback, movie and subtitles are shown in a way they seems forced ontop. If I
move the mouse (this happen on cli, outside from xbmc too), then the cursor disappear behind the
movie and behind the subtitles (when shown). I think it has something with vdpau and framebuffer to
do. Seems the black bars are not sent to "-vo vdpau" and so they are not ontop and are flickern
between underlayer software (xbmc) and the the movie itself.

Any idea?

Thanks

Simon