[MPlayer-users] advanced menu in mplayer

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Mar 2 17:43:40 CET 2012

>> The major problems with bmovl are that (it seems to me) :
>> a) it does not process input. For example when user clicks on The
>> arrow it
>> should start playing, and, into the text box user should be able to enter
>> text.
>
> Well, that's the job of the frontend you're starting to write, not of
> the output mechanism. The player commands would be passed to mplayer via
> slave mode. Only thing is: I do not know how to get mouse click
> information, as you're really be klicking on an mplayer window.

Ok, found it :-)

Although, it could be made a litte bit nicer. If a slave command would
be added like

stdout [string]

which simply outputs [string]. This command could be bound to mouse
buttons. As long as this command does not exist, you'd have to not bind
the mouse button to any command and look for a string like

"No bind found for key 'MOUSE_BTN0'"

If this string is found, a click has been made to the last reported
position like

rescaled coordinates: 0.018, 0.911, screen (1440 x 900), vodisplay:
(768, 576), fullscreen: 0

Command to recieve all this information:

mplayer -msglevel all=-1:input=2:cplayer=6 -mouse-movements <videofile>

Greets,
Kiste