[MPlayer-users] Menus & sound stuttering

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Mon Jan 16 18:13:32 CET 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:42:04 -0500
Bob Stia <rnr at pasco.org> wrote:

 Am I the only oe having this problem.

I don't have this problem when I play audio via mp3 on linux (F15
x86_64).

> I am running opensuse
> Linux.

I think Suse uses Pulseaudio, it's been a while since I ran it.  That
should take care of any pausing.  You could open a problem record for
this against OpenSuse.

> I am severely sight impaired. I use mplayer to listen to audio cd;s
> of books because of this. They open and start to play fine but if I
> pause the recording when it starts again the sound is chopped and
> unintelligible.

Blind leading the blind here, but I find that when sound gets out of
synch on a video, going back 10 seconds, then forward 10 seconds, (left
and right arrow) resolves the issue.  Worth a try.

Perhaps the audio isn't indexed properly?  Try adding -forceidx to the
command line when you run the audio.

If you aren't running from the command line, try running from there.
Perhaps mplayer is putting out errors that will help diagnose the
problem.

> The other thing is the tiny fonts and icons requiring me to use a
> magnifying glass to read/see them. Is there a way to make them or the
> smplayer display larger?

Have you tried going to fullscreen, the key f?  I don't have an answer
for this issue as I haven't had it, but you could try
'reading' (playing, listening to?) the man page for mplayer.  There are
so many options, I think it is possible to make mplayer do a tap-dance,
so there is probably one to do what you want.