[MPlayer-users] Menus & sound stuttering

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 16 19:29:59 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:42:04PM -0500, Bob Stia wrote:
> I am severely sight impaired. I use mplayer to listen to audio cd;s of books
> because of this. They open and start to play fine but if I pause the
> recording when it starts again the sound is chopped and unintelligible.

I assume you mean actual CDs and playing from them directly?
In that case the most reliable solution would be to just make a copy of
the CD, audio CD playback was never great and from personal experience
the quality of CD/DVD drives seems to have taken a deep dive again.
Otherwise: try running with -nocache or large -cache, and try a
different audio output (-ao).

> The other thing is the tiny fonts and icons requiring me to use a magnifying
> glass to read/see them. Is there a way to make them or the smplayer display
> larger?

I have no idea about smplayer specifically, but if you know of any way
that works for other Qt4 applications it should work for it, too.