[MPlayer-users] mplayer from FreeBSD ports fails to build/compile

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sat Jul 30 15:59:50 CEST 2011

Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>> [...]
> Tomas port maintainer has sent me a patch to try out, but I did not know how to apply it.

This would probably be:

   $ cd /usr/ports/multimedia
   $ patch -p0 < the_patch
   $ cd mplayer
   $ make deinstall
   $ make
   $ make reinstall

But since a recent mplayer version is always nice, I think Tom's
suggestion is also worth a try. (But with --prefix=/usr/local, it's
probably wise not to keep the version from ports around then.)

Raimund

PS: Ah, I just read that the ASS flag did the trick. Well, the patch for
non-ASS will soon appear in the ports tree anyway I suppose :-)