[MPlayer-users] mplayer from FreeBSD ports fails to build/compile

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 15:54:12 CEST 2011

> > > My FreeBSD box is x86 though, so it doesn't compare directly...
> >
> > I just tried the mplayer-1.0rc20110329_2 port on my x86 FreeBSD 8.2 box and the build works for me.
> >
> > I do however notice that on my box, sub/subassconvert.o gets linked into the executable which seems to be missing from your output.
> >
> > I also notice that the most recent update of the port was related to libass:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/Makefile?rev=1.207
> >
> > If you execute 'make config' in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer and tweak the 'ASS' flag, followed by 'make', does the build produce better results?
> >
> > (You could also to switch to a binary, but this will be an older version and will just postpone the problem: 'pkg_add -r mplayer')
> >
> > Or maybe the port maintainer (Thomas Zander) could comment on this if he's reading this?
> >
> > Raimund
>
> Previous question about configure:
>
> http://pastebin.com/aALinK6u

Problem has been solved.

I changed the make config settings, first libass was unchecked and it
failed everytime.  Then I checked it, and it pulled in libass-0.9.12
or something like it, and now compilation & installation succeeded :)
I am fully up to date.  Thank you for your help.

===>>> Done displaying pkg-message files

===>>> The following actions were performed:
       Re-installation of mplayer-skins-1.1.2_6
       Upgrade of mplayer-1.0.r20101106_1 to mplayer-1.0.r20110329_2
tricorehome# portmaster -L --index-only | egrep '(ew|ort)
version|total install'
===>>> 644 total installed ports
       ===>>> There are no new versions available
tricorehome# cd ~
tricorehome# portmaster -L --index-only | egrep '(ew|ort)
version|total install'
===>>> 644 total installed ports
       ===>>> There are no new versions available

Regards,

Antonio