[MPlayer-users] mplayer from FreeBSD ports fails to build/compile

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:23:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> I was trying to update all ports on FreeBSD 8.2 AMD 64 installation, and I ran into an unexpected failure.  Building of mplayer was unsuccesfful:
>
> Main error ?:

I'm cutting most of this, since you are now trying to install from
svn. Here is my configure line for FreeBSD 8.2 amd64:

./configure \
  --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
-DBROKEN_RELOCATIONS" \
  --extra-libs="-L/usr/local/lib" \
  --with-freetype-config=/usr/local/bin/freetype-config \
  --with-dvdnav-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdnav-config \
  --with-dvdread-config=/usr/local/bin/dvdread-config \
  --prefix=/usr/local \
  --mandir=/usr/local/man \
  --target=amd64-srcbld-freebsd8.2

Use gmake to build. The BROKEN_RELOCATIONS should fix the assembler errors.

Cheers

Tom