[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jan 7 22:13:49 CET 2011

On 1/7/2011 3:08 PM, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 20:56 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> Uoti Urpala<uoti.urpala<at>  pp1.inet.fi>  writes:
>>
>>> I'm not sure about Windows builds, but that hardware is capable of
>>> playing 60 fps full HD content on Linux with no problems whatsoever.
>> No, please don't spread such nonsense, it doesn't work on Windows either.
> What I said was not nonsense. The hardware given (Q9750 + 9800 GTX) is
> enough to play 60 FPS 1920x1080 content. Maybe you confused it with
> VDPAU hardware decoding (even though I explicitly talked about
> multithreaded decoding...)? The hardware decoder on 9800 GTX may not be
> fast enough; but multithreaded software decoding on the Q9750 and
> display with vo_vdpau should work.

I should clarify (and so should you) - if you say 'This hardware should
be able to play back' - do you refer to mplayer playing back on it or do
you speak in generic terms? I can assure you that the Acronis and
CoreAVC codecs seem to be able to do that. But then I don't see them
generate any statistics that could validate that and I have to rely on
visual cues.

--
/re

"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea"

Tommy Douglass