[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jan 7 22:08:10 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 20:56 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala <at> pp1.inet.fi> writes:
>
> > I'm not sure about Windows builds, but that hardware is capable of
> > playing 60 fps full HD content on Linux with no problems whatsoever.
>
> No, please don't spread such nonsense, it doesn't work on Windows either.

What I said was not nonsense. The hardware given (Q9750 + 9800 GTX) is
enough to play 60 FPS 1920x1080 content. Maybe you confused it with
VDPAU hardware decoding (even though I explicitly talked about
multithreaded decoding...)? The hardware decoder on 9800 GTX may not be
fast enough; but multithreaded software decoding on the Q9750 and
display with vo_vdpau should work.