[MPlayer-users] Demuxing AVCHD with built-in ts demuxer problems

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:19:28 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Vladimir Mosgalin
<mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu> wrote:
> Having skipped tons of mplayer versions and checking out one of recent
> svn ones, I found that mplayer built-in demuxer for ts has been improved
> by a lot, as well as ffmpeg one, and now is capable of playing .mts
> AVCHD videos that my Canon HF11 records (h264/aac in mpeg ts container).
> Long time ago (at least around time I got this cam) situation was really
> sucky, with mplayer ts demuxer completely failing to play these files
> (lots of errors etc) and lavf demuxer setting was only working on them,
> although that one used to set 50 fps for some reason.
>

> Anyhow recent version of mplayer *almost* capable of playing these .mts
> files with default demuxer, but many files show distortion/blocks for
> a frame or two every 10 sec or so. Some of these distortions go without
> any messages, some can be accompanied by totally random messages like

I have an HG20 and was wondering the same thing as well since I've
recently come back from vacation with lots of new video I shot.  My
friend has the HF11 as you do as well.  I'm thankful for the
improvements you've mentioned but it would be great to have fully
working support for these.  Hopefully it will happen.

Cheers,
Derek