[MPlayer-users] Demuxing AVCHD with built-in ts demuxer problems

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Nov 27 09:10:30 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 06:56:20PM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> I was curious if anyone still working on mplayer native ts demuxer,
> and is interested in fixing these problems - I will upload a sample
> then (this happens with each and every recording i made). It's just that
> guessing how mplayer development takes place, I'm not sure if anyone
> will bother looking into this/fixing this at all, because looks like
> many of mplayer demuxers has been abandoned in favor of lavf.

I occasionally fix bugs in it, but it's usually a lot of effort so
I certainly am not going to promise anything.

> PS by the way, seeking is AWFUL with both of demuxers, they both show
> distortion artifacts after seek.

That is somewhat intentional, it makes seeking work faster, otherwise
we'd have to search a keyframe first which can take a long time (and is
quite difficult for H.264 since you can encode it without any).
The idea is to solve this by adding a way to tell libavcodec decoders not
to output any frames with errors (or maybe better, have the decoders say
what kind of errors they encountered and have an option that makes
MPlayer not display frames that are broken in a certain way right after seek).