[MPlayer-users] Demuxing AVCHD with built-in ts demuxer problems
mosgalin at VM10124.spb.edu
Sun Nov 21 16:56:20 CET 2010
Having skipped tons of mplayer versions and checking out one of recent
svn ones, I found that mplayer built-in demuxer for ts has been improved
by a lot, as well as ffmpeg one, and now is capable of playing .mts
AVCHD videos that my Canon HF11 records (h264/aac in mpeg ts container).
Long time ago (at least around time I got this cam) situation was really
sucky, with mplayer ts demuxer completely failing to play these files
(lots of errors etc) and lavf demuxer setting was only working on them,
although that one used to set 50 fps for some reason.
Anyhow recent version of mplayer *almost* capable of playing these .mts
files with default demuxer, but many files show distortion/blocks for
a frame or two every 10 sec or so. Some of these distortions go without
any messages, some can be accompanied by totally random messages like
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]cabac decode of qscale diff failed at 64 34
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]error while decoding MB 64 34, bytestream (13699)
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]Reference 2 >= 2
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]error while decoding MB 71 4, bytestream (105991)
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]left block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 48
[h264 @ 0xffeec0]error while decoding MB 0 48, bytestream (50100)
and so on.
With -demuxer lavf there are no distortion or errors.
I was curious if anyone still working on mplayer native ts demuxer,
and is interested in fixing these problems - I will upload a sample
then (this happens with each and every recording i made). It's just that
guessing how mplayer development takes place, I'm not sure if anyone
will bother looking into this/fixing this at all, because looks like
many of mplayer demuxers has been abandoned in favor of lavf.
PS by the way, seeking is AWFUL with both of demuxers, they both show
distortion artifacts after seek.
More information about the MPlayer-users