[MPlayer-users] adapter option with gl2 output on windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 23:52:58 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:16:44PM -0400, Morris Beverly wrote:
> However I don't seem to be able to use the -geometry option to place the
> windows past the first monitor.  This is probably because each monitor
> is set up independently and perhaps geometry only works within a single
> adapter.  Using the directx driver, I can use the -adapter option along
> with -geometry to put the mplayer window wherever I want, but -adapter
> doesn't appear to work with the gl2 driver, and the directx driver will
> only display on one adapter at a time.

?? According to the Microsoft documentation, with independent displays only
the primary one is handled by the window manager, so I can't see how
-adapter would be able to move the window to a different screen.
At most the video would move to a different screen while the window stays
on the primary one...
MPlayer is not designed to have a drawing area independent of its Window,
that it works with -vo directx is probably just an accident...